Episode 27 is all about creating your personal brand to increase your income.
Did you know that personal branding can help you recession-proof your career and your finances? Developing your personal brand is so crucial for your wealth-building journey, especially as a Latina. Often, the Cultura promotes the Calladita Te Ves Mas Bonita, and we shy away from celebrating our success. If you want to earn more money in a 9-5 and as an entrepreneur, developing your personal brand is just another ingredient to your wealth-building journey.
Marielle Legair is passionate about helping others develop their personal brand. She is an international personal branding keynote speaker and LinkedIn Learning Instructor. Her background as a publicity and executive visibility professional, combined with her experience as an entrepreneur, positions her with a unique skill set to help individuals and companies thrive. As a result, global brands, including bp, Diageo, EY, LinkedIn, Microsoft, Red Bull, and Yale University, have hired her to deliver transformative talks and training workshops.
Prior to founding her company, Marielle gained over a decade of international experience leading executive visibility campaigns for CEOs and senior leaders at some of the world’s largest companies, including Deloitte, Grant Thornton, Experian, and Golin in London, and, more recently, New York.
Her work has been featured in top-tier media outlets, including BBC, CNBC, Forbes, Financial Times, and Glamour.
- Marielle’s money story
- How to go from scarcity to an abundant mindset.
- The importance of sharing your story to develop your personal brand
- Why as WOC, we must speak up and own our voice, especially in corporate America.
- The difference between personal branding for a person working a 9-5 vs. Entrepreneur.
- What is an elevator pitch?
- How to cultivate a strong presence on Linked In as an introvert.
- The importance of networking and selling to help you grow your personal brand.
- How she dealt with microaggressions in the workplace
- Marielle’s journey from a corporate setting to now running a very successful.
- Marielle’s journey to becoming a LinkedIn Learning Instructor and a globally recognized speaker.
Connect with Marielle on Instagram.
Marielle’s Book, The Personal Brand Bible for Ambitious Women, is available for purchase.
Luzy King is an award-winning Latina Wealth Coach. She became a first-gen investor after learning about investing and wealth building by accident through her MBA program in 2019. During the same year, Luzy was denied access to financial advice because she didn’t have $100K to start investing, and she made a commitment to learn things on her own and become the first one in her family to start investing. Now she is passionate about teaching women of color all of the strategies she wishes someone would have taught her in school. Luzy is a certified trauma-informed Financial & Business Coach, contributing author, and Community Leader. Luzy is on a mission to destigmatize the idea of wanting more money, more money more options. She is ready to teach women of color how to build a legacy through stock market investing and entrepreneurship.
Follow her journey and tag along.